Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Red Carpet Wish List

With award season underway, and the Golden Globes being a little under whelming in fashion, I thought I'd point out a few dresses that I'm crossing my fingers we see in the next few months. These are beauties and deserve their chance in the spotlight.

First up is Oscar de la Renta. I didn't think he had a great showing at the Globes and his Spring 2013 collection was amazing. Here are two of his dresses that were to die for. Hopefully, at least one makes it to a red carpet.  The first one is a metallic 20's looking dress and with a different length and beaded fringe, it would make a great statement on the carpet.  The next one is right on track with the black and white trend.  I know it might be a bit of a risk but I think they would look fabulous on the red carpet.

Elie Saab's Haute Couture collection for 2013 was filled with stunning dresses.  It is actually hard to pick only three that would be amazing for the carpets - wondering why all those high paid stylist in LA didn't get there hands on any of these beauties?
 
And last but certainly not least are a few from a few different designers.  First is this amazing black and white number by Marc Jacobs.  I know it would be a huge risk, but I think it could steal the spotlight.  Then, there is this pinkish Chanel Haute Couture with back cut-outs - one word - Amazing!  And, lastly is this Alexander McQueen.  It's a whole lot of dress so needs to be on someone really tall but could make a huge statement on the red carpet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will see Anne Hathway, Nicole Kidman, Kerry Washington, or Jennifer Lawrence in one of these dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment